Sunday, January 29, 2012

Imroz Restaurant

In 1952, the manager, Yorgo Okumuş, started working in Imroz Restaurant, which was established in 1942 by Spiro Havuços and Tanaş Yalyas in Kerpen Arcade (today Aslıhan Arcade). In the 60s, Irfan Kara became a partner. To other partner, Mustafa Yıldırım started working here as a busboy in 1970, when he was just 12 years old. In 1975, Tanaş Yalyas retired from partnership. Spira Havuços passed away in 1980. Yorgo Okumuş and Mustafa Yıldırım acquired their shares. In 1982, Kerpen Arcade was demolished and the restaurant moved to its current location. Because patrons of the former restaurant thought Imroz had been shut down, the owners changed the name to ‘Imroz Restaurant at Krepen’. There is no music in the restaurant and singing not allowed. There is even a sign on the Wall which reads, ‘Singing in the tavern is strictly prohibited.’

Nevizade sokak No:24 Balıkpazarı / Beyoğlu
Tel: 0212 249 90 73


Post a Comment

Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons